These pizza rolls are such an easy appetizer – simply add marinara sauce and cheese, roll them up and top with seasoning and parmesan and bake. Tastes just like pizza but in a fluffy crescent roll!
The holidays are just around the corner so it’s time to share some holiday recipe ideas! These easy pizza roll ups are perfect to make for your get together or simply for a snack. I wanted to make something kid friendly that my kiddos could help make but also enjoy as well. These are perfect!
This picture speaks for itself – so easy right? My favorite part of these little pillows of pizza is how fluffy they are. A doughy bite of cheese and marinara sauce is just so good. Makes me think of cheesy breadsticks dunked in warm marinara sauce.
The egg wash on top allows for the parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning to stick but it also creates a little crust on top. The cheese oozes out as they bake and gets crusty around the edges – seriously the best! This is my husbands favorite part of anything cheesy. We really did enjoy these. The kiddos ate them up because of the flavors and they’re appealing as well – looks just like pizza so they’re not so intimidating.
Definitely add these to your holiday recipe list this year!
- Container of Crescent Rolls
- Marinara Sauce
- Italian Cheese - mozzarella, provolone, or any Italian melting cheese
- Italian seasoning
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- Roll out crescent rolls onto a baking sheet.
- Add 1 tabelspoon of sauce onto each rolls and top with cheese. Roll up.
- Brush tops with egg mixture then sprinkle Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese on top and bake for for about 10 minutes.
- Remove, let cool slightly and enjoy!