Prosciutto Crostini with Ricotta, Arugula and Honey is one of my favorite appetizers to order at an Italian restaurant. It’s also just as easy to make it at home! This simple appetizer is easy to assemble, beautiful and definitely a fun menu item for parties.
I can’t get enough prosciutto in my life. Ever since I met my husband, I was introduced to Italian meats. That was quite awhile ago, but my point is, Italian meats are seriously the best – they never get old. We love prosciutto in our home – on sandwiches, as an appetizer with cheese or fancied up like this Prosciutto Crostini!
This recipe is simple – no baking, simply good ingredients assembled on a piece of toast! You will need ricotta cheese (try to get the fresh kind), honey, arugula, bread, prosciutto, and honey.
I toasted the bread with a little olive oil for extra flavor and texture.
My favorite part of this recipe is the honey. Out of all the yummy ingredients, it’s the honey that takes this to the next level. The salty prosciutto, the peppery arugula and the creamy ricotta are definitely enhanced by the sweetness of the honey. such a fun combination!
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Ricotta cheese
- baguette (French, Italian, etc.)
- black pepper
- Toast bread with a little olive oil - I did this in the oven.
- Slather pieces of bread with ricotta cheese.
- Roll up one slice of prosciutto and place on top of ricotta.
- Garnish with arugula and drizzle with honey then sprinkle with black pepper.