I couldn’t help myself. I had to make them.
Pumpkin is EVERYTHING during the months of October and November. My pregnant sister-in-law can’t get enough. Ya know…sometimes I get in a rut and have no idea what to make for the blog so I reach out to friends and family for inspiration or pick up a copy of Food and Wine to re-inspire my nutso brain.
SO anyway…I asked my sister-in-law what sounds good to her. I figured a pregnant lady would come up with something really really delicious and unique. All she said was pumpkin.
I can’t blame her though…because pumpkin is THAT good.
It is…it’s so sad. I don’t know what’s wrong with me? I freaking LOVE Fall but I can’t get my you know what together for some reason.
Maybe it’s because of these Pumpkin Cupcakes.
Please say yes.
And we still have 20 boxes of crap in our basement that needs to be unpacked. I am very curious as to what is in those boxes because we have been living just fine without all that crap.
That’s what it is…crap.
Side note…my husband doesn’t like cream cheese frosting? I’ve know him since 2005 and I just learned this. If I would have known….
He likes things like Pumpkin Crumb Cake, which I just made for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law’s baby reveal party. GO figure..she wanted something pumpkin! I like her baby already…we will get along juuuuust fine.
Even though these cupcakes aren’t crunchy, they are down right amaaaazing. It took me three tries to get the recipe right, but I made it. They’re perfectly moist, crumbly, and they burst with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon and spice. It’s the perfect Fall dessert, hands down.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk (I used whole milk)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (might need more)
- 1¼ cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand-alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (hand-held mixers work too), mix together wet ingredients; sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, pumpkin puree, milk, and 2 eggs.
- Next, stir the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a spatula until combined. The batter may be a little lumpy, that's okay.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full with batter (you will have enough for 12 cupcakes. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a tooth inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool.
- To make the frosting, add all the ingredients into a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Frost cupcakes and dust with pumpkin pie spice.