I love me some roasted broccolini. I love any type of roasted vegetable actually, but this one is my favorite. Broccolini is tossed with olive oil, garlic, red pepper, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and roasted until crispy and tender. It’s SO good!
I roast vegetables every night. It’s usually whatever is on sale at the store, but I often roast broccoli or broccolini because we love it and so do my kiddos.
I prefer broccolini…I like the flavor and the stems are not nearly as woodsy as broccoli stems. It’s a little pricier but definitely worth it.
This side dish is so simple and quick to make – less than 20 minutes! You simply toss all the ingredients together and place on baking sheet and roast. Who doesn’t love garlic, parmesan cheese and red pepper? It’s a common flavor profile for vegetables, but it’s a GOOD one.
Make this a meal by simply cooking up some sausage, chicken, fish, or steaks. You can also add some pasta with any of these combos to make it an even fuller meal.
It’s a gorgeous side dish. It would be pretty at your Thanksgiving meal or even Christmas dinner. The toasted almonds are nice crunchy addition.
A simple way to add texture to any meal is by adding a toasted nuts to it like an almonds, walnuts or pine nuts. Toasting them releases their oils and brings out their flavor.
You can toast up a bunch of them, let them cool and store them in an airtight container or zip baggie until you want to use them. Great on yogurt or oatmeal, too!
Add this one to your weekly dinner menu…switch up the vegetable if you want. Overall this is a great side dish!
- 1 pound broccolini, washed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use less or more depending on your heat preference)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Make sure broccolini is completely dry. If it's wet, it will steam instead of roast in the oven. Place broccolini on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the rest of the ingredients besides the almonds on top. Using your hands, toss the broccolini so it's well coated.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes.
- while broccolini is roasting, add sliced almonds to a small sauté pan and place over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until nicely toasted.
- Garnish broccolini with toasted almonds before serving.