Talk about warm and cozy food!
It’s 60 degrees here! I’m freaking out. I am so ready for boots, but not ready for COLD weather. It went from 80 degrees to 60 degrees in like a day. A DAY. What about 74 degrees and sunny?
Waaahh! Anyway…it’s definitely time to starting making warm and cozy food. How else are we going to stay warm besides stuffing our faces with chili, soup, hot cheesy dip and everything butternut squash? hehe.
Butternut Squash is IN SEASON like no other (duh) and I am LOVING it. I’ve already cooked with it twice and plan on cooking with it a ton more, perhaps making some soup and stuffing it with deliciousness. Today I roasted it for you and added a few goodies on top to make it extra special.
This recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash with Candied Pecans and Ricotta is SO easy. It recipe screams Thanksgiving menu…save this one on Pinterest. For suuuure.
I roasted the butternut squash with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried thyme until perfectly cooked and sweet. Then I quickly candied some pecans – simply melt butter in a sauce pan, add the pecans and a little brown sugar, stir until brown sugar coats pecans and melts then let cool on some wax paper. In minutes you have candied pecans!
THEN…I topped the dish with some ricotta cheese…because I wanted to and because it’s so amazing. It’s creamy, light, and should be topped on everything. One problem though – I have a huge container of it now (store only had one size) and I don’t want to waste it!! Any ideas?
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your board on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place diced butternut squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive then sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Toss butternut squash and roast for 30 minutes, turning butternut squash once half way through.
- To make candied pecans, melt butter in a sauce pan, add pecans and stir. Next, add brown sugar and stir until brown sugar has melted and coated pecans. Pour pecans onto wax paper to let cool.
- Prepare the dish by placing the roasted butternut squash in a bowl, top with candied pecans and dollops of ricotta cheese. Sprinkle with additional thyme for garnish.