This pasta dish turned out so delicious. It’s a blend of roasted red peppers, garlic, shallot, vegetable stock and heavy cream. Serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese and dinner is served! Roasted red pepper sauce is also wonderful over chicken, fish and potatoes!
I mean check out this gorgeous orange sauce, right? I love this recipe. I could eat it every night, honestly. My kids also loved this! We grated a ton of fresh parmesan cheese on top and we just devoured it.
Not to mention, this dinner comes together in just about 20 minutes!
Not only does this sauce go over pasta, but it could also be served over fish, potatoes, chicken, etc. Some recipes on the blog that I think this would go well with or could be substituted for are:
I am so excited to use this sauce for a ton of recipes in the future, especially because my kids enjoyed it so much. I hope you enjoy it, too!
- 15 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves (or 3 small), chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound pasta
- fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large sauté pan, drizzle a little olive oil and place over medium heat. Add roasted red peppers, shallot, and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Continue to simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- While sauce simmers, prepare the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- After sauce has simmered, add to a blender and blend until smooth. Next, add heavy cream and blend just for a few seconds.
- Pour over pasta, add chopped fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
This dish is enjoyed best right away. If you need to thin out the sauce, you can add a little more vegetable stock.