Good, because you’re getting chewy chocolately fudgy brownies today! Yowza these are chocolately but they are darn good. Perfect with a cold glass of milk or two or four…
Before I share, how was your weekend? I was back in Iowa visiting my girlfriends and we had a BLAST! Brunch, nails, winery, bar, dinner, country bar, then dancing. Pretty typical night. (ha!) We were celebrating my friend Kate’s Birthday – Happy Birthday Kate! Ya know…when in
Rome Iowa. 😉
Ok so let’s move on to these brownies. The best part about these is that they are super easy to make.
Melt some chocolate with butter. I did this over a double broiler but you can do it in the microwave or in a saucepan.
While the chocolate and butter are melting, crack two eggs, sugar, and some vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
Now slowly add that lovely melted chocolate to the egg, sugar and vanilla mixture and whisk until combined.
Finally add the dry ingredients – flour, salt, and baking powder (mix together in a smaller bowl before adding to the batter so the baking powder gets incorporated). Stir stir stir and then you’re done!
Pour and spread evenly into an 8×8 non-stick pan and bake. Then before you clean up, lick the spoon and bowl.
Do you prefer cake, chewy, or fudgy brownie? Gosh…I think I prefer them all.
Don’t forget that glass of milk.
- 1 cup sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking power
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 11/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- In a small/medium bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder, set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips over a double broiler, in a saucepan, or in the microwave until melted. Be careful to not over-heat. If using a microwave, heat at 30 second intervals then mix until melted and runny.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs and vanilla with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Once chocolate and butter are melted, slowly pour into sugar mixture and whisk together. Then add flour mixture and stir just until combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Check doneness of brownies by inserting at toothpick in the center of the brownies - the toothpick should come out clean.
Source: Stuck on Sweet