[Giveaway is closed]
Well it’s getting to that time of year again…
Rainy, cold, and just overall dreary. It’s kind of relaxing in a weird way? You agree? Curled up on the couch with a mug of coffee and a movie? Or a glass of wine and movie? Um YES. Love rainy days.
Rainy cold days also mean comfort food…like Slow Cooker Chicken Chili! I grew up eating chili in good ol’ Iowa. It’s one of my favorite fall/winter meals to make. I have made it on the stove before, but you can also make it in the slow cooker which makes it incredibly easy. Like silly easy. It’s also even BETTER and leftovers.
Slow cookin’ is a simple way to get a delicious meal on the table with little work. It great for everyone too…families, single people, couples, partaaays, etc. etc. We all seem to live pretty busy lives so it’s nice to come to a meal that is ready to go in a matter of minutes.
Hamilton Beach® kindly sent me their Set ‘n Forget® 6 Qt Programmable Slow Cooker with Spoon & Lid to try out! It literally does what it’s called. You set it then you go. What I love most about it, is that it gives you options. You can put it on low heat, high heat or you can set the heat to whatever temperature you need. Not all slow cookers do this. It also comes with a thermometer probe so you can cook food to a certain temperature if you would like – prime rib would be a good example of this because many like it rare or medium rare but it seems as though it’s easy to overcook and no one likes overcooking expensive meat…not the goods. With the temperature probe, you’re guaranteed to get that medium rare you’re looking for. And lastly, you set the time and once it’s finished, it adjusts to warm so you won’t overcook your meals. During the week, I am gone for more than 8 hours during the day so this feature works really well for me. I don’t have to come home and shut anything off…it’s literally ready when I get home. So long story short…I love it!
So about this chicken chili. SO good and SO simple. I literally added all of the ingredients to the slow cooker, set it on low for 6 hours and left for the day. When I got home, I shredded the chicken and dinner was served. Winning!
I added cheese and sour cream to mine (would have added green onions, but forgot at the store. Hate when that happens), but add whatever you would like! My sista loves fritos in her chili – adds a nice crunch and when’s the last time you ate fritos? Right?
So cozy up and make some chili!
Because Hamilton Beach® is soooo wonderful, they are giving away a Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget® 6 Qt Programmable Slow Cooker with Spoon & Lid!
Entering is easy. Follow the directions below!
1.) Answer this question in the comments section below: What are your favorite toppings for chili?
2.) Fill out the PromoSimple form and then you’re done! Good Luck!
Giveaway ends at 11:59pm CST on October 21st, 2014 . A winner will be chosen randomly on October 22nd and contacted via email. Winner has 48 hours to respond otherwise another winner will be chosen at random. Winner must be 18 years of age and live in the United States. Hamilton Beach is unable to mail to P.O. Boxes. Good luck!
Disclosure: Hamilton Beach provided me with a slow cooker. All opinions are 100% my own.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 2 bone in chicken breast (skin on his fine too)
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with sauce, gently crushed with hands
- 1 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into large pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced into large pieces
- 1 32 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ancho chile pepper (optional and can substitute cayenne pepper for heat)
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir. Add chicken and press down into the slow cooker so it's covered.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and gently shred discarding bones and skin. Shredding should be incredibly easy as the chicken will be very tender. Add back to the slow cooker. Check for seasoning. Add fresh basil. Serve with your topping of choice.