S’mores Bark is essentially a s’more but not ooey gooey and warm. Instead it’s made into a “bark” making it super crunchy and much easier to eat!
I have come to realize that s’mores are a must have at our house. We have a fire pit in our backyard so we often make s’mores…or should I say we often get asked to make s’mores by our kids. I am totally cool with it because who doesn’t love s’mores?
However, I decided to switch it up a little! I took graham crackers and melted chocolate and spread it over top of them. Then I sprinkled mini marshmallows on top and then drizzled more chocolate and a few graham cracker crumbs to make it look pretty. Finally I stuck them in the fridge to cool and then broke them apart into s’mores pieces!
How easy is that? It’s the perfect dessert to bring to a partaaay – easy to transfer and everyone loves it.
I used milk chocolate to really hone in on the “real” s’mores flavor but semi-sweet would be delicious as well and less sweet for those that don’t love super sweet treats. I can’t wait to make a version of this for Halloween, Christmas and Easter. My kids really enjoyed these and it’s one of those recipes that children can easily help with or even do themselves!
- 15 honey graham crackers
- 2 1/4 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- place 14 graham crackers on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper or a non-stick mat.
- Melt chocolate in microwave. Start at 1 minute then stir. Heat at 20 second intervals until melted stirring after each interval. Do not overheat otherwise chocolate will seize.
- Drizzle most of the chocolate all over the graham crackers, spreading with a spatula. Leave a little to drizzle on top. You have to hold the graham crackers in place while spreading - it can be a little tricky but it doesn't have to be perfect!
- Lastly, spread mini marshmallows all over, crumble an additional graham cracker on top and then drizzle the last bit of chocolate over top. Let set before breaking into pieces. To set quicker, place in refrigerator.