So…I think just about everyone on Earth likes s’mores.
S’mores are such a popular “flavor” right now. Everyone is going crazy pinning s’more recipes on Pinterest, including myself. It’s such a classic childhood favorite that carries sweetly through to adulthood. It seems as though we enjoy them even more as adults though….the s’mores ice cream in my freezer right being the proof. Can’t.stop.eating.it.
So, I decided to make s’mores bars because I’ve never had one before and I imagined they would be just as good if not better than the real deal.
Well, my friends, s’mores bars are THE BEST THING EVER. They taste just like a traditional s’more but gooier, chewier, and way more satisfying. I think my mom said it best when she said “those s’more bars? are like reeeaaalllyy good.” I said, “thanks Ma!”
They have a buttery chewy graham cracker crust, a layer of dark chocolate chips, and topped with puffy, golden brown, mini marshmallows. These are pretty simple to make too – make some dough, bake, then add chocolate and marshmallows, bake some more, then turn on your broiler and watch those fluffy bundles of goodness brown up.
The hardest part is waiting for them to cool before cutting into them. I was in a hurry to
my sisters to stuff my face so I stuck them in the freezer and it helped speed up the process. If you can’t wait for them to cool, go ahead and dig in, it will just be a wonderfully gooey mess though. Messy is good…when it involves marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers.
The chewy goodness is still stuck in my teeth. Savoring every bite my friends. 😉
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 graham crackers (about 1 cup), crushed
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If your using aluminum foil, spray with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients; flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, cornstarch, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a stand along mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Next, add the bowl of dry ingredients and continue to mix.
- If dough is a little too crumbly, add a splash of milk.
- Press dough into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Take pan out and sprinkle chocolate chips on top, then cover with marshmallow. Bake for an additional 5 minutes then turn on broiler to 525 degrees and broil for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows turn golden brown.
- Let bars completely cool before cutting into them. Pop them in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram!