Happy Friday! I am so ready for Friday…
This week went by really fast but was jam-packed full of stuff – got a lot done but definitely thanking my coffee this morning for keeping my brain going.
So it’s going to be great weekend! Weather channel is saying it’s going to reach 50 something degrees today – OMG. I haven’t felt 50 degree weather for maybe 5 months now. It’s also St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Chicago. Remember I was telling you about that in this post? Looking forward to sharing how the day unfolds for us. 😉
Today I am sharing a salad that is flavorful, healthy, simple and so SPRINGY AND SUMMERY. The colors of this salad seriously make me happy and so do the ingredients. Mexican inspired food is like Italian food to me. Mix all the staple ingredients together and it just works. I took black beans, corn, red pepper, tomato, cilantro, cheese and quinoa and mixed it all together. Dressed it with a little olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper and vuala! Southwest Quinoa Salad.
Talk about healthy. Eat this for a week and you will probably feel like a whole new person. Unfortunately my sweet cravings get in the way of these healthy ideas, but it’s all in moderation right? Right.
Have a wonderful weekend! I hope it involves a few cocktails and eating green stuff. 🙂
Don’t forget you can save your favorite Stuck on Sweet recipes to your ZipList personal recipe box by clicking on the button on all my recipes!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and dried
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup (or more) Cotija cheese (Hispanic-style cheese)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime
- Cook quinoa in chicken stock according to package directions. Once cooked through, let cool and fluff with fork.
- Prepare rest of ingredients (corn, black beans, tomato and cilantro) and add to a large bowl. Add quinoa, olive oil, juice of one lime and season with salt and pepper.
Source and Recipe: Stuck on Sweet