Closing the week off…
with a flavorful salad. Yaaaaaay! I hope you’re excited because I am SO excited about this Spinach Salad With Chicken and Rosemary Balsamic Vinaigrette. Yep, it’s a mouthful.
It’s much different from the usual salads I typically make. I like salads with lots of stuff in them – great way to use up any produce lying around. BUT, this one is the opposite, there’s not a whole lot going on in the actual salad but the dressing….
Is packed full of flavor and it’s AWESOME. I was craving rosemary. I know weird. For the past few weeks I have been
wanting needing a healthy, simple spinach salad. I really didn’t want to make it fussy and buy a bunch of produce and chop it all up. It hit me then. That rosemary flavor I was craving,? Why can’t I blend that with some balsamic vinegar (you know I love some BV!) and drizzle it over spinach, chicken and parmesan cheese?
Talk about flaaaava. It’s warm, salty, sweet and has so much depth. It’s truly the perfect salad – limited ingredients, extremely healthy, and so.much.flavor. I can’t wait to try other herbs…ooooo like BASIL (we all know that would be a winner) or thyme, or oregano, or all three?
Yes, yes, and yes.
Don’t forget you can save your favorite Stuck on Sweet recipes to your ZipList personal recipe box by clicking on the button on all my recipes!
- Spinach (enough for 2)
- Parmesan Cheese
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half and seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Saute chicken breasts on each side for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Place on cutting board to rest.
- To make the rosemary balsamic vinaigrette, place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor except olive oil. Puree for 1 minute. With the blender/food processor on, slowly pour in the olive oil. Continue to puree for an additional 1-2 minutes until dressing is smooth.
- Assemble salad with spinach, Parmesan cheese, sliced chicken and dress with the vinaigrette.
Source and Recipe: Stuck on Sweet