This meal is perfect for Sunday dinners because diets always start on Monday.
So….about this here cheeseburger. Today I am sharing my version of an In-N-Out Animal Style Cheeseburger – woot! woot! If you have not heard of In-N-Out Burger, you really need to find one quick and order an animal style cheeseburger – it will change your life. Forever.
I first heard of this AMAZING burger joint when Vin and I took a trip to California after we graduated college. It was so delicious that we ate their twice when we were in LA. We will be traveling to the West Coast quite often now.
I start out making these burgers by purchasing good ground beef. A little fun fact real quick – we actually bought all of our beef over the summer by purchasing 1/4 of a cow – we split the meat of an entire cow between 4 people. I know this sounds crazy and a little weird, but there are so many benefits to it. All of the meat is coming from the same cow, it’s organic, prepackaged and ends up being about $2.90/pound for all different cuts of beef – ground beef, skirt steak, rib eyes, roasts, etc. etc. It does come frozen but it’s packaged well so it doesn’t affect the meat at all. My mom grew up on a farm and she always says “farm meat is the best!” Anyways, I digress…
Here we go now! To make this crazy deliciousness, fry up some burgers in a skillet. You could also grill them if you would like. I season the burgers with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
You will also need to chop and caramelize an onion. Just throw them in a saute pan with some olive oil over medium heat and let them do their thaaang.
I garnish these burgers with lettuce, tomatoes, bread and butter pickles, caramelized onions and special sauce! The special sauce is so easy – just mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard and a little sugar if you want it sweeter. Who would of thunk right?
Just make these. Pleeeeeease!
Fore more delicious recipes, follow me in Pinterest!
- Beef patties, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Cheeseburger Buns, toasted
- American cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2½ tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons of yellow mustard
- Sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper to season
- Season beef patties with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a skillet over medium high heat, fry patties, cooking each side 3-4 minutes for medium (once the patties are almost done, place cheese on top to melt). While the patties are frying, prepare the onions by drizzling 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and cook until browned and caramelized. If they become dry, add a little water.
- Prepare the special sauce by mixing mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard in a bowl - taste and add salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar if you would like.
- Assemble cheeseburgers and enjoy!
Source: Stuck on Sweet, Inspired By: In-N-Out Burger