It’s a weeknight meal kind of day.
I love easy dinners during the week, especially when life gets busy. Vin and I traveled to Michigan on Friday for a wedding this past weekend – Congratulation’s Mike and Jan! It was absolutely beautiful and SO.MUCH.FUN!
We got back late Sunday afternoon which left me a little behind on the weekly meal planning thing. I would love to say I had it all figured out before we left, but let’s be honest, that
rarely never happens. That’s when recipes like this Tortellini Soup are so nice to have.
It’s a one pot meal with limited ingredients. I was inspired to make this from Ali from Gimme Some Oven. Her recipe is even easier! It’s truly the perfect weeknight meal. It would also be great for a dinner party or for guests. Who doesn’t love cheese tortellini, crusty bread and a glass of wine? Am I right or am I right?
Not only is this recipe super easy (and easy to clean up!), but it’s healthy, full of flavor and filling. One bowl and I was happy and satisfied.
What are your favorite weeknight meals?
Don’t forget you can save your favorite Stuck on Sweet recipes to your ZipList personal recipe box by clicking on the button on all my recipes!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 32 ounces (4-5 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 20 ounce bag pre-cooked cheese tortellini
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach (does not have to be exact)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional if you like a little heat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large pot, saute onions in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the rest of ingredient except spinach and tortellini. Bring to a boil and turn heat down to a rumbling simmer. Taste for seasoning - add more as needed. Add tortellini and cook according to package directions. 1 minute before tortellini is done, add spinach. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Source: Stuck on Sweet, Slightly Adapted From: Gimme Some Oven