Ultimate Italian pasta salad is full of a ton of different ingredients like olives, banana peppers, salami, pepperoni, artichokes and much more giving you a delicious and easy salad recipe. This pasta salad just needs a drizzle of olive oil and that’s it!
My husband is Italian and it is so obvious that my two little girls are, too! They LOVE Italian food…even more than I do. They love the salty flavor of olives and salami – they could eat them all up!
See what happens when I get out the salami and cheese? BIG SMILES. My husband was smiling, too! He ate this salad for lunch 3 days in a row. Let’s just say momma was on everyone’s good list while this Italian pasta salad was around!
Really though…what’s there not to like? It has a little of everything and all of the ingredients just need a little olive oil to bring them together. I tried using Italian dressing, but it just overpowered everything. The ingredients themselves offer so much flavor, just a little olive oil does the trick.
You can’t go wrong with bringing a big, hearty, colorful pasta salad recipe to a friends house, barbecue, or simply to have for lunch during the week. We loved this salad recipe and we will definitely be making it again and again!
- 1 1/2 cups Ditali pasta (measure uncooked)
- 3.8 ounce can sliced olives
- 8 ounce can artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 cup banana peppers
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 1/2 cups cubed provolone cheese
- 4.5 ounce package pepperoni
- 5 ounce package salami
- 1 cup julienne sun dried tomatoes (if you can only find out, slice thinly)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Basil and parsley (optional)
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, drain well. Once cooled, add to a large bowl.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients - drain any canned items and slice, cube or dice ingredients that need to be. Add all of the ingredients to the large bowl and gently mix. When you're ready to serve drizzle with a little olive oil and garnish with fresh basil or parsley to your liking.