We are huge fans of quick and easy salads in our house. Because I cook and bake, we eat quite a bit at home and this includes lunch. My husband brings lunch to work every day so I often try to make salads like this Summer Sausage and Vegetable Salad that are easy to make and accessible straight from the refrigerator.
You can use whatever vegetables you like but I love the combo of carrots, yellow pepper, green pepper, broccoli and tomatoes. Add some of your favorite cheese (in this case I used Fontinella), summer sausage and fresh herbs and you’re done! All you have to do is dress the salad now.
I love Marzetti salad dressings. You can find them near the salads in the produce section of your store. This sweet Italian dressing is SO good and versatile. We use it on salads, to marinate chicken and even steak.
You really can’t go wrong with this salad. Whether it’s for lunch or to bring to a party, you have to make this one! Again, so easy and flavorful!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 16 oz summer sausage, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 block of your favorite cheese, diced (I used Fontinella. Provolone, Mozzarella or White Cheddar would work, too)
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup Italian dressing (feel free to add more if you would like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients and place into a large bowl and mix. Check for seasoning and salt and pepper to your liking.