Is absolutely beautiful. It’s so earthy too. I couldn’t wait to use that word, earthy. It’s one of those words that has so much meaning, but no one can really explain what it means. You feel me?
Sherry Glazed Rosemary Mushrooms are the epitome of earthiness. Maybe it’s the colors…browns, hunter green (yes, not green. hunter green), and purple. Could it be the rosemary? Yes. Could it be the mushrooms themselves? Yes. Could it be the sherry, YES.
This is one of those recipes where every ingredients matters. They all work together to create a lovely depth of flavor, color, and warmth.
I have teamed up with Holland House Cooking Wines and Vinegars® to bring you this recipe. I have cooked with Holland House® products before. I like the simplicity of it all. Don’t get me wrong, I love using good ol’ wine in my recipes, but it’s difficult for me to open a new bottle of wine for 1/4 cup of it for a recipe. Then what? Do I down a bottle of wine? Possibly. But I’m not much of a drinker unless it’s a Friday or Saturday…I know. I know. I’m no fun.
Holland House Cooking Wines® give me that 1/4 cup of flavor that I am looking for without wasting anything. I can pop it back in the fridge and use it again next time.
I know I say this all the time, but this recipe for Sherry Glazed Rosemary Mushrooms is easy. But that’s what Stuck on Sweet’s all about…simple recipes that you can make at home, right? This side dish will be ready in under 15 minutes. Can I get wha? wha?
Start out by putting some baby bella mushrooms and some red onion in a pan.
Cook them down until they’re soft and most of the moisture has evaporated from the mushrooms. Then you add flaaaavas like garlic, rosemary, pepper, and sherry.
You’re left with these beautiful and delicious mushrooms. Vin was literally picking them out of the pan, piping hot, saying “ow! oh! ow! Yum! These are good, Jess.”
“Thanks Vin. Hungry fella?”
Aren’t they just so…earthy?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Holland House Cooking Wines and Vinegars®. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting Stuck On Sweet!
- 1 pound Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small or half of a medium red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove or ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt (if needed)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaved removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine®
- Add olive oil to a saute pan and place over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and red onion to the saute pan. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The mushrooms will release their moisture and become soft and the onions will become soft and sweet.
- Once most of the moisture is cooked out of the mushrooms, add the garlic and saute for 30 more seconds until fragrant.
- Lastly, add the rosemary, black pepper, and Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine. Continue to saute until the cooking wine has evaporated out, a few more minutes.
- Taste for salt (I didn't use any) and garnish with sprigs of rosemary.