Are you a snack person? I mean who doesn’t love snacks right? I love them, but I am definitely more of a meal person until…I made this Caramel Chex Mix.
I snacked on this for like 3 days.
Corn and rice cereal covered in a delicious caramel sauce then tossed with PEANUT BUTTER M&M’s (OMGAAAH) and sesame sticks. Adding the peanut butter m&m’s and sesame sticks is my little twist on this classic Chex Mix snack. I also add a little salt and some pure vanilla extract because…well…everything is better with a little salt and vanilla.
If you don’t like sesame sticks or can’t find them, you can leave them out or add other delicious ingredients like raisins, peanuts, cranberries. Heck add them all in.
And isn’t this like the perfect back to school snack for the kiddos? It’s also perfect for football games or just to make to snack on at home…for 3 days…
It’s so easy to make and it’s a snack that EVERYONE loves. You have to make it.
Don’t forget to pint this recipe to your Pinterest board by clicking the image below!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag peanut butter m&m's
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- 4½ cups rice chex
- 4½ cups corn chex
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add cereal to a large microwavable safe bowl; set aside. Line a baking mat with parchment paper or wax paper; set aside.
- In a small microwavable safe bowl, add butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup and vanilla extract and microwave for about 1 minute then stir until melted. Next stir in baking soda.
- Add caramel mixture to cereal and gently stir. Then microwave for 5-6 minutes, stopping to gently stir after each minute until the chex cereal turns slightly golden.
- Pour chex onto prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt then let cool. Once cooled, break apart and add peanut butter m&m's and sesame sticks.
Slightly adapted from this Caramel Chex Mix.