Summer is almost over, BUT it’s not too late to make this salad!
We love corn around our house, especially grilled corn. It’s the perfect compliment to almost any meal and makes a great cold salad like this grilled corn and zucchini salad.
Zucchini is also delicious during the Summer months. I’m sure you’ve seen all of the yummy zucchini recipes on Pinterest…especially the dessert ones…chocolate zucchini bread? umm yes!
Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad is incredibly easy to make and probably the healthiest salad ever. It’s simply grilled corn and zucchini that is mixed with fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, shaved parm and a little fresh parsley. You could add a little olive oil if you wanted but I didn’t. I just seasoned with salt and pepper to my liking and called it day.
I told you it was simple right?!
The corn gives it a nice sweet crunch and the zucchini adds that great green color and adds that delicious simple zucchini flavor that we love. Grilling also gives it a bit of a charred flavor which reminds me sooo much of Summer.
Can you tell I’m holding onto Summer? Fall is my very favorite time of the year but when Summer ends, it just means we are that much closer to Winter…
This salad screams Summer though! Am I right?
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your Pinterest board by clicking the image below!
- 2 ears corn
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half length wise
- handful of grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Grill corn and zucchini until charred.
- Cut kernels off of corn and dice up zucchini then add to a bowl.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients, gently stir, and taste for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if needed.