Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse is rich , creamy and incredibly easy to make. In just a few simple steps you will have a decadent dessert on your table!
We love dessert around our house. It usually consists of a bowl of ice cream after dinner to satisfy our sweet tooth, but sometimes we want something a little different, a little unique…a little fancy.
Fancy without being difficult, I must add.
The only exception is you have to whip up from fresh whipped cream and fold it into the cheesecake, but you can handle that right? Folding is simply very gently mixing together a lighter mixture into a heavier mixture. If you need help, check out this video on youtube.
I used Divine Chocolate 70% cocoa for this recipe. If you don’t like dark or bitter chocolate you can use milk chocolate instead.
Divine Chocolate is co-owned by the 85,000 farmer members of Kuapa Kokoo, the cooperative in Ghana that supplies the cocoa for each bar of Divine. As owners, they get a share in the profits, a say in the company, and a voice in the global marketplace. How cool is that? The chocolate is amazing, too!
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club. I received products and coupons to write this post, however all opinions are my own! xoxo!
- 1 cup Stonyfield Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 5.25 ounces 70% Cocoa Dive Chocolate (you can use other flavors if you want)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 heaping tablespoons powdered sugar
- One pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Add chocolate to a microwavable safe bowl and heat in 25 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted; set aside to cool.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and Greek yogurt until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add cooled chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and mix until well incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Add half the whipped cream to the chocolate cream cheese mixture and gently stir/fold it in until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate mousse to your serving dishes, top with extra whipped cream and chocolate.