This recipe for Lasagna Soup tastes just like traditional lasagna, but is ready in under 30 minutes, very simple to make and it’s so much fun to eat. You have to make this for dinner, or lunch or both! You’re going to love it.
I just realized that I haven’t shared any lasagna recipes on the blog. This is a bit surprising since my husband is Italian and it’s one of my favorite meals. I will be honest. I don’t make it all that often, well like never. It’s one of those meals that has quite a few steps and involves a lot of dirty bowls, so it’s just not one of my easy go-to meals. However, I must say the several steps and dirty bowls are worth it because lasagna is freaking awesome.
For today though, I am sharing a very EASY way to get the exact same flavors and comforting feeling that lasagna brings us…Lasagna Soup! You guys. This is SO genius. Whoever came up with this idea, thank you. You’re amazing.
What I love most about this recipe is that all the flavors are already created so dinner is ready before you know it. I would say the hardest part of this recipe is simply browning some ground beef, but that’s not really all that hard right? Plus, beef. Yum.
Ok. So brown up some beef, add your favorite pasta sauce, some herbs and boil up some noodles then top all the goodness off with cheeeeeese.
Don’t forget the cheese.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 32 ounce container chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 box of pasta (I used Gigli but any short or curly pasta will do)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add ground beef. Cook until browned then drain fat.
- Add the jar of pasta sauce, chicken or veggie stock to the pot and stir. Add the basil and parsley and simmer for a few minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, boil the pasta to al dente (not completely done) according to package directions. Once done, drain and add to the sauce. Add a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese and stir one last time.
- Serve with ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.