I’m warning you…this cake has 4 ingredients.
I promised I had something coming for St. Patrick’s Day and here it is! Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake. Also known as, crack.
It’s the easiest cake you will ever make, just four ingredients that are store-bought ingredients – Oreo® Cookies, Hot Fudge, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, and Whipped Topping. You could totally make everything from scratch, but this makes it super easy and stress free.
I love everything about this cake, but I must say the crust is really to die for. It’s thick and crunchy and chewy – totally reminds me of Dairy Queen’s Ice Cream Cakes…you know, that fudgy center part that makes you want to eat piece after piece? This is that crust, AND it’s just crushed up Oreo’s® and a jar of hot fudge.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest – just click the image below!
- 1, 14.3 ounce package Oreo® cookies
- 1, 12.8 ounce jar hot fudge sauce (I used Hershey's®)
- 1.5 qt. mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1, 8 ounce container whipped topping (Cool Whip®)
- Crush Oreo® cookies in a large zip bag. Add to large bowl.
- Heat hot fudge in the microwave (make sure to remove lid) for 30 seconds or until runny.
- Add hot fudge to the bowl of crushed cookies and mix together.
- Press the crust into the bottom of spring form pan and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. You could also use a 9x9 that has high sides.
- Take ice cream out of the freezer 15 minutes before adding it to the top of the crust. This will allow it to get mushy so it will spread easily. Spread ice cream on top of crust and place back in the freezer for several hours or overnight.
- Take out the whipped topping 20 minutes before adding to the top of the ice cream. Pipe or spread it on the top of the ice cream and place back in the freezer to firm up. When you're ready to serve, take the cake out of the freezer and run a knife under hot water before cutting - this will help it cut more smoothly.