Did you know that you can make a popsicle out of pie?
I know…I know!!! You totally can, and it’s the easiest and tastiest dessert you will ever make! If you haven’t noticed, Popsicles are SO in right now…they’re all over Pinterest, as they should be..there is absolutely no need to buy popsicles any more because you can make them at home with limited ingredients and a few simple steps.
Not to mention…homemade pops are insanely delicious.
You’ve heard of Marie Callender’s right? They are known for their famous frozen pies and desserts…I have to say I am a fan of all of them but Coconut Cream Pie is my favorite.
Their chef came up with this genius idea to create a popsicle (aka PIEsicle) out of their pies! They simply take a a few slices of one of their frozen cream pies, in this case Coconut Cream Pie, and blend it up with a liquid, in this case, coconut water, then poor it into popsicle molds and a few hours later you have a pop…I mean piesicle!
They truly are a slice of Summer! They’re creamy, rich, cold and taste just like a piña colada. I had taste testers and they all agreed that they were delicious. They couldn’t believe they were made from a pie!
I had the opportunity to meet the Chef (Chef Ryan!) behind the Piesicle at the Rachel Ray Feedback Event in Chicago. I had so much fun taste testing the Piña Colada and Key Lime Pops and learning how you can create delicious Summer treats out of Marie Callender’s Frozen Pies. Not only can you make popsicles, but you can make frozen drinks, too! You can learn more about ALL of the amazing desserts here. I highly suggest you check it out…your taste buds will be happy.
Oh! And some of the recipes have the option of adding your favorite cocktail drink…a fun way to kick your Summer desserts up a notch…just saying.
Another way you can learn more about Marie Callender’s Summer treats is by following them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and checking out their website! The hashtag for their Summer frozen pie treats is #sliceofsummer – check it out on Twitter!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Marie Callender’s. As always, opinions are 100% my own. Thank you to the brands and readers that help make Stuck On Sweet possible! xoxo
- 2 slices Marie Callender's Coconut Cream Pie, thawed and crust cut off
- ¾ cup coconut water
- Maraschino cherries
- Handful of toasted coconut
- few splashes of rum (optional)
- Add a handful of shredded coconut to a small saute pan and place over medium-low heat, stir frequently until lightly browned. Remove and set aside to cool then place in a container or zipper bag.
- To make popsicles, slice cherries and place into popsicle molds (this recipe makes 6 popsicles).
- Add coconut water, rum (if using) and pie filling to a blender and blend until smooth. Poor mixture into popsicle molds and place wooden sticks in center. Freeze over night or for several hours.
- Remove popsicles and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marie Callender’s. The opinions and text are all mine.