It’s time for something healthy.
Can you tell I like sun dried tomatoes yet? I use them a lot in my cooking – I just love the flavor and I think they pair well with tons of different vegetables. What’s one of your favorite ingredients? I have too many to list, but yes, sun dried tomatoes definitely are one of them.
I added goat cheese, TOASTED pine nuts (yes, you need to toast them), and cucumbers. I sauteed some chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and sliced it up. Can we talk about Trader Joe’s Organic Free Range Chicken? It’s awesome and is always tender and juicy, kind of like their grapes that I talked about a few weeks ago. I buy almost all of my groceries there until the new Mariano’s opens up down the street. I will talk about that grocery store later. 😉
Well the air is getting cooler and the nights and morning are dark. HELP!
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- crumbled goat cheese
- Olive oil for frying pan
- 3-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle olive oil in a saute pan. Saute chicken over medium high heat, about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Place pine nuts in a small saute pan over medium low heat. Toast pine nuts until golden and fragrant (careful not to burn).
- While chicken is cooking and pine nuts are toasting, prepare the rest of ingredients (romaine lettuce, cucumber, sun dried tomatoes, and goat cheese).
- In a bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and olive oil. Taste and add more balsamic, salt and pepper to your liking.
- Slice chicken and assemble salad. Drizzle with balsamic dressing. Serve with toasted bread.
Source: Stuck on Sweet