I am always thinking of easy week night or even weekend lunch meals that don’t require a ton of ingredients or making a trip to the grocery store. Sometimes I’m just hungry and want to whip something up that is fast, easy, and still healthy…
So I often make pasta! It is one of my favorite meals and is typically simple to make, always tastes good and is healthy. Win, Win and Win! It’s also a good way to use those vegetables that I purchase every week that sometimes sit in my refrigerator until they….well you know…move on to the garbage.
These tomatoes made it though! I love tomatoes, just not in their raw form. I mean, yes, I will eat them on a cheeseburger or in a salad, but I will not cut one up and just eat it. Yuck. I love anything tomato though…. like ketchup, tomato sauces, love them roasted or on pizza…so I’m not really sure why I just can’t eat one? So weird.
Anyway…roasting them is a great way to give them flavor. Roast on a very low heat, like 225 degrees, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic power, and drizzle with olive oil and roast for just about 25 minutes. Easy peasy.
Remember the pesto chicken I made awhile back? Well, I still had about half a jar left of pesto so I figured I better use it before I lose it. I put very large dollop in the bottom of a bowl, cooked some whole grain pasta, topped it with some roasted tomatoes and there we go…an easy, fast, and healthy lunch/dinner!
Oh and sprinkle lots of parmesan cheese on top! What are your favorite easy meals to me?
- 1½ – 2 cups whole grain pasta
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tomato (I used tomatoes on the vine)
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Pre heat oven to 225 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice tomatoes and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place in oven to roast for about 20-25 minutes.
- While tomatoes are roasting, boil some salted water, add whole grain pasta and boil according to package directions (about 8 minutes).
- Once pasta is done cooking, mix in bowl with pesto, top with roasted tomatoes and parmesan cheese.