These are not just any brownies.
These are Raspberry Mocha Brownies. That’s a little different right?
Life has been crazy busy lately. Pregnant, work, blog, weddings, pregnant, work, blog, showers, pregnant, work….you get it.
I’m not trying to make excuses, but I guess I just did. I haven’t had much time to bake which makes me very, very sad. Baking is an outlet and stress reliever for me because I truly adore it. I was so glad when I was able to whip up these brownies last week. They have been on my list of recipe ideas for quite some time!
What’s the best thing about baking?
The batter. duh!
This brownie batter is thick, decadent, rich and oh so chocolatey. These are not your milk chocolate or out of box tasting brownies. They’re a little more “sophisticated” than that. Although, give me boxed brownie mix any day of the week. Please.
This recipe calls for unsweetened baking chocolate. I suggest using a more “sophisticated” chocolate if you can, which means it will be a little more expensive but it’s only 5 ounces. Can’t believe I’ve used the word sophisticated twice…just go with it.
It also calls for raspberry preserves that you will swirl through the batter. I think this is so fun! Fruit goes so well with chocolate but I never thought about adding it to the actual batter. It gives it this glossy, very sophisticated look.
ok ok ok I’m done now with sophisticated.
I was playing around with my camera and took this shot of some raspberries.
As you can see these are quite rich and fudgey. I cut them larger for these pictures but if you’re making these to bring to a party, I would suggest cutting them smaller. A little of this brownie goes a looooong way.
Of if you’re crazy like me you can eat it with ice cream, chocolate fudge, caramel and sprinkles. Brownie Sundae!!
I’m not pregnant or anything…
This is a Raspberry MOCHA Brownie which means coffee was added. I added instant coffee granules. Coffee brings out the chocolate flavor. Did you know that? If you watch Barefoot Contessa, Miss Ina says that a lot.
I want her house. And life.
Speaking of coffee, Hamilton Beach was so kind to let me try out their FlexBrew® Coffee Maker and also give one away to one of my readers. Yay!!
Keep on reading to learn how you can enter to win.
By the way…coffee and these brownies are pretty darn good together. Juuuuust saying.
So the FlexBrew® is pretty cool. It’s a two-in-one coffee maker that can either make a pot of coffee or one single cup.
I personally am a single cup gal. My mom used to own a coffee business that sold K-Cups® so ever since then, I’ve been addicted.
However, I love the option of being able to make more if needed. Oh oh oh! and if you don’t use K-Cups® they have a mini filter that you can put your favorite ground coffee in to make a single cup. LOVE.
It has other great features like a programmer so your coffee will be ready when you wake up. Niiiice.
The single-serve option is also adjustable so you can make a cup of coffee like the picture above or you can put your favorite coffee travel mug under there and it will actually fit.
A few other things I liked is that it’s very light. You can easily store this and take it out when you need it. It’s simple to clean and simple to work – there aren’t a thousand buttons or options to choose from. Do you want a carafe of coffee or a single cup? Do you want to use a K-Cup® or ground coffee? Do you want to do it manually or program it? And finally, do you want to use a tall coffee mug or a regular mug. Easy peasy.
The only aspect that I found a little less appealing is that it seemed to take a bit longer to brew, but I also don’t make carafes of coffee that often so I might just be crazy.
If you’re interested in purchasing a FlexBrew®, they’re available at Wal-Mart and very affordable.
However, if you’re interested in WINNING one, please see how you can enter below!
Disclosure: Hamilton Beach sent me a FlexBrew® Coffee Maker as part of their Brand Ambassador Program to review the product and share my honest opinion. I am not affiliated with the K-Cup® brand, just sharing that I personally use their products.
To participate in any promotion or program, you must be 18 years or older and reside in the 50 United States or D.C. Hamilton Beach is unable to ship to P.O. Boxes.
Pin Raspberry Mocha Brownies so you have the recipe forever!
- 1½ sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil and grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a heat safe bowl, add the rest of the butter butter and chocolate. Place over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. You can also do this in the microwave at 30 second intervals, mixing after each interval until chocolate and butter are melted. Whisk in sugar, instant coffee, salt, and vanilla.
- Next add eggs one at a time until thoroughly mixed.
- Lastly toss flour with chocolate chips and gently mix into batter just until incorporated then pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Add raspberry preserves to a heat proof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds then whisk until smooth. If preserves are still lumpy, microwave for an additional 30 seconds and whisk again. Pour preserves evenly over batter. Using a knife, gently swirl preserves throughout brownie batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges start to pull away from the pan.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious