I can’t believe I’m sharing another salad.
This blog is called Stuck On Sweet right? I am so stuck on SWEET. Trust me I am, but it’s been hard to find time to bake the past few weeks.
We’ve been busy. I have excuses.
Salads though…salads are so easy and quick to make. Plus, they’re good for ya. Although I’m 28 weeks pregnant and eat ice cream every night, I know that I need to eat healthy, too.
Healthy food is delicious ya know and oh so pretty!
I am definitely a fruit eater. Love all of it and always buy tons of it every week at the store. It’s a great snack and so refreshing.
Who doesn’t like fruit though? It’s some of the only produce that actually tastes amazing right out of the container.
I eat raw vegetables…dipped in hummus or ranch. I don’t dip my fruit…
Well…if someone brings that white fluffy fruit dip to a party then I will dip it. That stuff is unreal.
I’m calling this Blueberry Corn Salad but I guess it also could be considered a salsa. I didn’t eat it with chips…it was just spoon to mouth, but I’m sure it would be delightful on a pita or corn chip.
This would also be delicious served over white fish or chicken. Add a whole grain side and you have the healthiest, freshest meal ever.
No excuses to make this salad. You only need just 10 minutes!
Pin this recipe by clicking the image below so you have it forever!
- 2 cobs of corn, cooked and kernels removed (canned corn would work too)
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- juice from half a lime
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Cotija Cheese
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- Cook corn either by boiling, roasting, sauteing or grilling. Let cool and cut off kernels. I cut the kernels off the cob and sauted them in a non-stick pan for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and gently mix. Taste for salt and pepper - season to your liking.