Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are enjoying your day with family, friends and FOOD! Put on those stretchy pants. 😉
Today I am sharing a special treat for Candied Pecans over at A Southern Fairytale as part of Handmade Holidays: Bake, Craft & Sew. Go check it out – there are tons of giveaways so make sure you enter!
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg whites and water until foamy. Add pecans and mix thoroughly, making sure all of the pecans are covered with egg white.
- Finally, add the sugar mixture and mix pecans with a spatula until all are completely coated.
- Place pecans on baking a sheet and spread out so they are in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring pecans every 15 minutes.
- After they are done, let cool completely and then break apart and enjoy!
Source: Stuck on Sweet, Adapted From: Brown Eyed Baker