I hope you’re ready to indulge in the easiest and most delicious frozen dessert there is known to man kind – Carm’s Famous Dessert. I’m also simply calling it – Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert.
I’ve been wanting to share this dessert with you for the longest time. This dessert is my brother-in-law’s famous dessert. He brought it to my in-laws several years ago and we all raved over it. I finally decided to make it myself and I have no idea what took me so long because it’s THREE ingredients.
It’s simply two layers of ice cream sandwiches and cool whip then it’s topped with milk chocolate toffee bits. Best combination in the dessert world.
So…a little about Carm – he’s a huge dude, played in the NFL actually, an old soul, loves history, and he’s a dessert lover like myself.
I am so glad he brought this Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert into our lives because we love it and it will forever be his dessert which I think is kinda hilarious and also so darn cute. “Carm’s Famous Dessert!”
Believe it or not something so simple can be so pretty. It may not look like much when it’s in the container, but once you slice into it, it has beautiful contrasting layers. Also…to get all foodie on you…it has great texture, too! Between the chewy ice cream sandwiches, the silky cool whip and the crunchy toffee, this dessert is really amazing. It makes me think of other ways I can layer ingredients to make a stunning dessert.
Maybe I should ask Carm – he obviously knows what he’s doing!
So add this one to your easy recipe list. I have a feeling it will become a staple in your house like it has on ours!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe!
- 16-18 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 16 ounce container whipped topping (thawed overnight in fridge)
- ½ bag chocolate heath bits
- Line 9 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of a 9x9 pan, breaking apart as needed to fill in any spaces. Make sure the pan is a deeper set pan. If you don't have, one a 9x13 pan will work, too - you will just layer more ice cream sandwiches and have a thinner layer of whipped topping.
- Spread ½ of the whipped topping on top of the ice cream sandwiches.
- Repeat - layer ice cream sandwiches then whipped topping.
- Sprinkle top generously with chocolate heath bits. Cover then place in freezer to set - I prefer over night but 2-4 hours will work as well.
- Slice and serve.