Stop right now! Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Bars are your new go-to breakfast!
Ok. Glad we talked about that. But really though! These healthy oatmeal raisin breakfast bars are the perfect on the go breakfast. They take less than 30 minutes to make and last for several days in an airtight container. Grab them on your way out the door or in between getting kiddos ready for school. Whether your mornings are crazy busy or slow, these breakfast bars are the perfect easy and healthy breakfast treat.
My husband is up early and out the door in about 25 minutes. He doesn’t have time to make breakfast so I try to have healthy options like these breakfast bars.
He’s not the only one that enjoys them. I don’t always have time to make breakfast either with a toddler running around and a 3 month baby that eats every 2 hours. These breakfast bars are the perfect on the go meal for me, too!
These breakfast bars are made with oats, whole wheat flour and sweetened with honey. Add ins include raisins and shredded coconut, some pure vanilla and cinnamon for flavor. You can feel good about starting your day off with one, or even two, of these!
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats (any oat will do)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper. To help the parchment paper stick, spray the pan with non-stick first; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas then add the eggs, honey and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Next, add the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Lastly, stir in the raisins and coconut.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy warm or room temperature.