I love when healthy snacks taste like dessert. I am a huge fan of healthy bars and energy balls. I make them quite a bit and wanted to share one of my favorites with you! Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Balls taste amazing and are packed full of protein. Find out what’s in them!
I love a good ball (sorry. had to do it). I snack quite a bit on things like peanut butter, almonds, cashews, and dried fruit. My kids love these type of snacks, too!
Energy balls are one way to snack on all the good things at once! I love peanut butter and chocolate together so I decided to create a peanut butter chocolate chip energy ball!
These couldn’t be any easier to make. Simply add all the ingredients, which includes things like oats, flax seed, chia seeds, nut butter, and honey to a food processor and pulse until combined. You can also mix all the ingredients by hand.
That’s it! Simply measure and roll the “dough” into a ball and store in the refrigerator for easy snacking. I like them cold. I also freeze them because they thaw so quickly and this way my husband can grab a few before work and they are ready to eat when he needs a morning snack.
My kids also love these! Wahoo! It’s so great when these types of recipes also work for young children. It makes the whole snacking thing so much easier.
They’re easy to eat and taste like a dessert which is key to feeding your children something healthy – simply make it taste great, right?
You can also change these up by adding different ingredients like coconut, dried fruits, etc.
Hope you like them!
- 1½ cups oats (any kind will work, even gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc. You can also mix them)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixed thoroughly. Mixture will be thick - you want it to be wet enough to pack and roll into a ball. You can also mix this by hand or with a mixer but it will change the texture of the ball. Totally up to you!
- Measure about 1½ tablespoons of "dough", pack in your hands, then roll into a ball. Store in refrigerator for easy snacking. You can also freeze them - they thaw very quickly!
- Recipe can also be doubled.