Spinach, Tomato and Feta Egg Muffin Cups are the perfect breakfast. These little breakfast delights are so flavorful, healthy and will have you eating a delicious breakfast for 4 days!
These little guys have been on my list to make for quite some time. We often struggle with what to eat for breakfast. I’ll be honest – it’s not my favorite meal. It usually requires clean up if eggs and bacon are involved and sometimes a yogurt, granola or fruit just doesn’t cut it.
These egg muffin cups are the perfect make ahead breakfast for those mornings when you just don’t have the time.
This mixture is the key to all my dreams! A little spinach, a little sundried tomato and a little feta makes everything taste better! Adding this combo to eggs it’s seriously amazing. Obviously it’s great in these little egg muffins but it would be great in scrambled eggs or on top of a fried egg.
Heck it would be good on a steak!
You simply whisk up some eggs with fresh garlic and shallot with a little salt, pepper and tabasco (if you’re feeling frisky), add the dream mixture and bake. These bake beautifully, but make sure you spray your pan well with non-stick spray otherwise they will stick.
Aren’t they pretty? The colors are so vibrant and so is the flavor. Every bite is delicious.
My husband said these were the perfect breakfast for his early wake time. All he had to do was heat them in the microwave for 20 seconds and breakfast was served!
I am a fan of these flavors, but if you’re not and you want something different. Here are some other ideas:
Ham, broccoli and cheddar
Bacon, apple and cheese
Pancetta, Tomato and mozzarella
You have to cook the bacon and pancetta first before adding to the egg mixture.
All of these would be outstanding!
I hope these help you look forward to your morning!
- 12 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 7-10 shakes of tabasco
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (can use an onion)
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan well with non-stick spray.
- Whisk eggs, salt, pepper, tabasco, garlic and shallot in a large bowl. Make sure to whisk well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sun-dried tomatoes, feta and spinach.
- Add a good tablespoon of the spinach mixture to each muffin cup then fill each muffin cup about half way with the egg mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes, let cool then remove from pan and enjoy!