This post is sponsored by Prego®. All opinions are my own.
Where does the time go?
I wake up at 6 a.m. and it’s 5 p.m. before I know it! Does that happen to you too? Maybe it’s the 3-month-old baby…
For those of us with kiddos or those of with busy jobs, the days go by way too fast, and they don’t always leave us much time to prepare home cooked meals. So today I am sharing a family friendly meal that is ready in about 30 minutes, maybe even less if you’re very fast! There are so many prepared pasta sauces out there that help make cooking a meal for your family quick and easy. Prego offers a variety of sauces to cook with and today I am sharing a recipe for Meat Lovers Pizza Casserole using Prego‘s Traditional Sauce.
This recipe only uses five ingredients. FIVE INGREDIENTS! Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce, pasta, pepperoni, Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese.
This recipe is super simple, let’s check out how to pull this family friendly meal together!
Brown up some Italian sausage (I used mild) until it’s golden brown then add a few teaspoons of garlic and saute for an additional minute or so.
Meanwhile, cook your pasta for about seven minutes – careful to not overcook the pasta as it will continue to cook in the oven later.
After the pasta is done, drain and add it back to the pot along with the cooked sausage, some pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
Next, pour in two jars of Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce and stir. See? I told you this was easy!
Put the pasta into a 9×13 baking pan.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and more pepperoni then pop it into a 350-degree oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted and pepperoni crisps up a bit.
This Meat Lovers Pizza Casserole tastes just like a pizza! It’s meaty, salty, cheesy and filling. You can easily lighten it up by using turkey sausage, whole wheat pasta, and turkey pepperoni if you would like. You can also make this a vegetarian dish by taking out the meat all together and adding your favorite vegetables. I’m thinking green peppers and mushrooms would be pretty darn tasty.
Bring on those busy days!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 2, 24 ounce jars Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1, 16 ounce box rigatoni pasta
- 1, 12 ounce bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large saute pan and place over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned. Next add minced garlic and saute for an additional minute; set aside until pasta is done.
- While sausage is browning, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta for seven minutes – the pasta should be well under-cooked. Drain pasta and put back into the large pot.
- Count out 18 pepperoni and place to the side. Take the leftover pepperoni and cut it into chunks.
- To the pot of drained pasta add the browned sausage and garlic, two jars of Prego Traditional Pasta Sauce, sliced pepperoni, and a handful of mozzarella cheese and stir.
- Put pasta into a 9×13 dish, top with remaining mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and pepperoni is crispy.
NOTES: Please note you can use as much or as little cheese and pepperoni as you would like. There is no right or wrong amount – it’s totally up to YOUR taste preference. Enjoy!