This is the best recipe ever for Traditional Guacamole. It’s got all the goodies like fresh tomatoes, cilantro, spicy red onion, tons of lime juice and a little salt and pepper to bring out the flavors. Add a little jalapeno for a kick and you have a simple, yet delicious appetizer dip for a partaaay or for Mexican night at home!
Oh yes! It’s also garnished with a little queso fresco…ya know…just because.
Everyone needs a good guacamole recipe in their life. Am I right or am I right? I have to say, we love guacamole at our house. I can make the largest batch ever and we still eat it all at once. I don’t know why? There is just something about guacamole that makes it okay to EAT IT ALL.
Maybe because it’s healthy? Or somewhat healthy…in…you know…moderation. Oh whatever.
Go ahead…eat it all!
I am so in love with this recipe because it’s simple. We aren’t getting too fancy here but to me, guacamole doesn’t need to be fancy. I mean come on…avocados are seriously delicious plain so adding a few fresh ingredients is all buttery avocados need.
I did add a little queso fresco to my recipe because everything is better with cheeeeeese, and I liked how it looked so maybe it’s a tad fancy.
Fancy or not, guac is such a popular dip all year round, especially during Super Bowl time!! So here is another recipe for you to bring to a party or to enjoy at home.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 4-5 avocados
- ⅛-1/4 cup diced red onion
- juice from two limes
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- Queso fresco, crumbled
- ½ - 1 whole Jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits (keep the pits) and scoop out with a spoon into a bowl. Gently mash avocados.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Taste for seasoning and cilantro - add more as desired. Top with queso fresco.
- Store in an airtight with the pits - the pits will help keep it fresh.