Happy Merry Christmas Eve!
I thought I would share one more yummy holiday sweet treat with you before the big day. But before I talk about these Christmas Blondies, I want to say a little something.
Thank You! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Stuck on Sweet has been a passion of mine for many years and it was just a little less than a year ago that I built up enough confidence to launch it. It’s because of YOU that Stuck on Sweet has become a very special part of my life and I hope it has become a special part of yours. Nothing makes me happier than to share my recipes and food love with you, and to hear that in someway, it made you happy, inspired you, or simply satisfied one of those pesky cravings. 😉 I am so excited to see what 2014 brings for all of us – wishing you all a happy and safe holiday and wonderful start the New Year. Again, thank you – your support has inspired me and truly warms my heart. (smooch!)
Now, let’s talk Blondies, aka “Blonde Brownie.” You know what I love about blondies? Their versatility (using big girl words today) You can literally add whatever you want to this batter – chocolate chips, m&m’s, coconut, caramels, snickers, crushed oreos (why haven’t I done this yet?), dried fruit…it goes on an on.
I chose these beautiful red and green m&m’s hence Christmas is TOMORROW!
And because I had a very large bag of them and can’t really use them any other time of the year.
I am a red and green Christmas gal – my tree is red and green and all the Christmas decor in my house is red and green. Don’t get me wrong, love all the funky stuff going on out there, and someday I will get more creative, but the traditional colors really make it feel like Christmas to me. What’s your Christmas theme?
See? The red and green is so…hhmm..Christmasy. 🙂 Bake these in parchment peper – parchment paper is where it’s at my friends – no need to spray a darn thing when you use this stuff. Line your baking pan with it and spread the batter out. It won’t be perfect, but that’s totally fine – once it starts to bake, it will spread evenly and you will end up with this golden brown hunk of blondie love.
It will lift write out the pan which makes them so easy to cut AND you won’t scratch your baking pan with the knife. I do not like when that happens. Like at all.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and HAPPY EATING!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup Christmas M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a stand alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- With the mixer on low-speed gradually add flour mixture until incorporated. Stir in M&Ms.
- Press batter into pan and bake for 25-30 (mine took 28) minutes or until golden brown on top. Let the bars completely cool before lifting them out of the pan and cutting.
Source: Stuck on Sweet