Gotta love a good taco dip recipe, right?
7 Layer Taco Dip is one of the most popular dip recipes out there. It’s a no-cook dip that everyone loves and it’s perfect for Football season. This specific dip recipe is actually a bit healthier than a traditional taco dip. It calls for low-fat and low-sodium ingredients, but it does not lack in flavor. It’s SO good. You can lighten it up even more and serve it with vegetables or pita chips or keep it traditional and use tortilla chips. Whatever you choose, the entire family will love this one! My little girl looooooves taco dip…she picks out the olives and licks the dip off of the chip.
I do the same. tee-he-he
This recipe comes from one of my very favorite partners, Produce for Kids! I just love working them – their mission is amazing…teaching young kiddos about healthy eating. This year, PFK is once again partnering with Meijer and Jump with Jill this fall to raise funds to bring the Jump with Jill nutrition education program to local schools in the Meijer area. Jump with Jill is armed with catchy songs, upbeat dance moves, and a hip wardrobe to engage kids on the subject of health and leave them empowered to eat better.
To date, Produce for Kids and Meijer have hosted 125 in-school events! How amazing is that? Let’s keep increasing that number – it’s so easy! This is how you can help.
How can you help support the campaign? Simply shop at your local Meijer store now through September 30 and purchase these 8 brand products. A consumption-based donation will be made to Jump with Jill!
- Avocados From Mexico
- DOLE® Packaged Salads
- Earthbound Farm® Salads
- Highline Mushrooms®
- Marzetti® Dressings & Caramel Dip
- SUNSET® Tomatoes
- Green Giant® Fresh Klondike Rose® & Red Potatoes
- Stemilt Lil Snappers® Bartlett Pears & Gala Apples
Visit the Produce for Kids Meijer page for more than 350 registered dietitian-approved and family-tested recipes, meal planning tools, grocery store-specific campaign details, and healthy tips from real parents.
Use the hashtag #PowerYourFamilyMeal in your social media accounts when talking about the campaign to help spread the word!
Lastly, for all of you that like the idea of having your groceries delivered straight to your front door, check out Meijer’s home delivery partner, Shipt!
- During the Family Meals Month celebration, Meijer shoppers using Shipt, the official home delivery partner of Meijer, can identify Produce for Kids campaign produce sponsors in a dedicated in-app category. The call out is designed to drive sales of campaign partner products through the Shipt app and provide additional consumer exposure during campaign time.
- Special offer for you: Go to shipt.com/offer and enter code 6A3CB9A9K6B to receive a two-week free trial and $25 off their first order. Promo code will be active 9/3-9/30.
Thank you for taking the time to read this very important post – I truly enjoy taking the time to talk about Produce for Kids and all that they do for our local community and schools. I love sharing their story, mission and passion through this outlet and appreciate you taking the time to read it.
Also, a huge thanks to Produce for Kids for sponsoring this blog post. As always, opinions are 100% my own. Thank you to my readers and sponsors for helping me make Stuck On Sweet possible! xoxo
- 1½ cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (15.4 oz.) can low-sodium refried beans
- 3 Avocados from Mexico, mashed
- 16 ounces salsa (any kind will do)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- Mix yogurt and taco seasoning in small bowl.
- Spread beans in 11x8-inch baking dish. Top beans in the following order, spreading each layer evenly over the last: yogurt, avocados, salsa, lettuce, cheese and olives.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes. Serve chilled with tortilla chips or, pita chips or vegetables.
Recipe from Produce For Kids