If you like things spicy, salty and cheesy then this recipe is for you! Jalapeño Popper Dip is the ultimate party dip for any occasion. It would especially be delicious for Super Bowl parties!
Every once in a while I crave spice. Jalapeño spice that is. I find it addicting – I think that’s true of most spices actually? There is something about them, even when your mouth is on fire, you want just one more bite and then another and another.
This dip is just that! For me, it’s just the right amount of spice – perhaps it’s the sweet pickled jalapeños, the tangy cream cheese/sour cream and the salty cheeses that makes it the perfect appetizer bite.
Since Super Bowl is around the corner, a cheesy dip must be made. It’s not super bowl without all the bad for you appetizers. For me, it’s a time to indulge and let loose a little.
I plan on eating up all the carbs and cheese I can possibly get my hands on then eating salmon and veggies for dinner on Monday. Is this you? This is so me. Indulge then step back and go back to healthier options. It’s the best of both worlds!
Are you rooting for a particular team? I have to say I don’t get into football as much as I used to. There’s just not enough time to really sit and watch the games anymore, but my best friend lives in Kansas City so I’ll be cheering for the Chiefs this year!
I’m excited to actually have a team to root for – like I said, I’m usually in it for the food!
I’m excited to hear what you are making for the big game? I hope this dip is on your list – it really is the perfect football food!
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (grate fresh if you can)
- 2 tablespoons chives or green onions
- 7 ounce can diced jalapeños, drained and chopped. Save some whole for the top.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the bread crumbs, butter, a few of the diced jalapeños, and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese to a bowl and mix well. Transer the dip to the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese and melted butter in a bowl. Sprinkle over the dip. Top with leftover jalapeños and bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cut vegetables, crackers, or corn chips.
Add more or less of jalapenos to your liking. You can also use fresh jalapeños - simply diced 3-4 jalapeños. I suggest removing veins and seeds as they will be super spicy if you don't.