You will love this Spring recipe for Lemon Monkey Bread! It’s perfect for Easter and is easy to make. Simply take biscuit dough and cover with lemon sugar and butter, then bake until golden brown, and lastly top with a very simple lemon glaze. So so good!
I think that’s called Spring? Or the beginning of it at least.
It’s basically a bunch of biscuit dough covered in sugar and butter then baked. It’s typically done with cinnamon, brown sugar and butter but I had to twist it up because, hello, EASTER and SPRING. So I developed a lemon version.
This is what it looks like when you dump it out of the pan. This is the BEST time to eat because it’s warm and gooey. It’s still good when it’s cooler, but it’s harder to pull the pieces off when it has cooled. I would suggest serving right away or warming slightly before serving then putting the glaze on.
Other than that, this is SPOT on guys. It’s buttery, lemony and oh so pretty!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 2 cans biscuit dough
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- zest from two lemons (if they're small, use 3)
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons softened butter for greasing baking pan
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bundt pan with 1 -2 tablespoons of butter.
- Remove biscuits from cans and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces - I used a scissors which made it very easy. Place all the biscuit pieces into a bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl add sugar and lemon zest. Using your fingers, massage lemon zest into sugar until all the zest is well mixed in.
- Add a few pieces of dough into the lemon sugar and roll to coat them, then place them into your greased bundt pan. Once half of the dough is in the bundt pan, drizzle half of the melted butter on top. Continue rolling the biscuit dough in sugar and once it's all done, pour the rest of the melted butter on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top. Mine baked for 37 minutes. Let cool then revert the monkey bread onto a plate.
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk the ingredients together and drizzle on top of the monkey bread. Enjoy!