Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are a CLASSIC. A chewy peanut butter cookie is rolled into sugar, baked until puffy and garnished with a Hershey’s kiss while still warm!
I know I know…this isn’t a new cookie creation. Rather it’s an old one! These Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies have been around for awhile and everyone seems to make them around the holidays including my mom! We were back in Iowa for Thanksgiving and there in the corner of the kitchen were several dozen of these delicious cookies in a tupperware container from the 1970s.
Even though it’s from the 1970’s, she always says it’s the best tupperware! It was actually my Grandma Den Beste’s and has probably been the home for thousands of cookies over the many many years.
So it’s a special container. 🙂
So Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are not a new thing, but they are THE THING. These cookies are so good. I still have a container of them on my counter from a week ago. Are cookies still good after a week? I am not sure…that might be pushing it but I didn’t care. I ate three of them. I didn’t want to.
But obviously I did! I couldn’t resist. I like to slightly under bake them so they are extra chewy. The peanut butter, Hershey’s kiss and crunchy sugar coating make these cookies seriously irresistible.
These are great partaaay cookies too. This recipe makes a ton of them so bake them up for your holiday parties! That’s exactly what I did last weekend. They were gone by the end of the night…I knew I should have brought more! Instead I ate them the other day…ugh.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar, divided (1/4 will be used to roll cookies in)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat; set aside.
- In a medium bowl add dry ingredients; flour, salt and baking soda and mix; set aside.
- In a small bowl add ¼ cup (may need a little more) granulated sugar; set aside. (this will be used to roll the cookies in).
- In a stand-alone mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (hand-held mixers work too), cream together the butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and light brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and vanilla, mix until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Next add peanut butter and mix until just combined, again scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Finally, with mixer on low-speed, gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Measure about 1½ tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball in the palm of your hands then roll into granulated sugar and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, just until cookies puff up and slightly start to crack. Remove pan, let stand for 1 minute then press a Hersey's kiss in the center of each cookie, let cool slightly on baking sheet then remove to a baking rack to cool completely.