It’s the annual Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap Day! What does that mean? It means that food bloggers have come together to create a delicious cookie recipe, send them out to three other food bloggers to enjoy, while raising money for children with Cancer. How amazing right?
Today I am sharing a recipe for Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies. It’s a simple recipe for chocolate chip cookies, buuuuut I added a whole bag of toffee bits to them. Ya know, to give them a little extra crunch and caramel flaaaava. Um…so yum!
So it’s the FIFTH (yes 5 years!) Annual Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! This year we are again excited to be partnering with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer, which claims the lives of more children in the US than any other disease. I am excited to share that we have raised over $7,000!
We are more than excited about this and grateful to share our love of cookies, while raising much needed funds for kiddos!
So Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies. Are you a toffee fan? Everyone in my family seems to LOVE toffee, especially Vin. Dairy Queen runs involve medium heath bar blizzards. I have to say, it’s pretty good but I can’t get enough of my Oreo blizzards.
Anyways, I digress.
I have a serious obsession with chocolate chip cookies – I love to make all different kinds using different ingredients and then eating them ALL. This recipe is based off of my Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies – I simply added some toffee bits to it, a whole bag…don’t skimp!
It’s not only a great time of year to bake, but it’s the best time of year to give back. I am so grateful that food blogging allows me to be a part of such a special community of fellow food bloggers who come together to make a difference through doing the thing we love the very most, baking. Thank you to all the other food bloggers who are a part of the Annual Food Blogger Cookie Swap and to all of my wonderful readers who keep this little blog kickin’ it!
Happy Holidays and please consider spreading the cheer!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the image below!
- 5¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 4 sticks (2 cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag toffee chips
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (hand-held works too), mix together butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar until fluffy, about two minutes.
- With mixer on, add eggs one at a time and the vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- With mixer on low-speed, gradually add the bowl of dry ingredients until dough comes together - do not over mix.
- Lastly, stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits. At this point, freeze dough for 20 minutes or place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Measure about 1½ tablespoons of dough and drop on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.