Giving away a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Red Lentils and Orca Beans – directions to enter are at the end of the post! Gooooooood luck!
How many different versions of chili are there?
Probably thousands, millions, billions! First, I love chili because it’s a one pot meal, it’s comforting, it’s easy to make and because there are soooo many different ways to make chili. There is no right way or wrong way either.
Today I am sharing a Vegetarian Chili. This chili is incredibly healthy and you will not miss the meat, I promise. It tastes very similar to a traditional chili but has a ton of healthy vegetables and beans in it that will fill you right up.
Vegetables like zucchini and beans like red lentils and orca beans!
I know…totally different right?
As I mentioned, there is no right way or wrong way to make chili…or any kind of “soup.” The ideas are endless, the flavors are endless, the textures and colors are endless – you can add whatever you want as long as you get the spices right. I simplified this recipe a bit and used chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. That’s it! Easy right?
The red lentils add a nice orange/red color to the chili and thicken it up quite a bit. The orca beans have nice texture and I love the black and white color! I like black and white, if you couldn’t tell from the blog design…
I topped this vegetarian chili with traditional garnishes like cheddar cheese and cilantro. Instead of sour cream, I used Stonyfield’s Plain Greek Yogurt which is super creamy and slightly tart, adding the perfect cooling element to the spicy warm chili .
Want a bowl?
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your Pinterest Board by clicking the image below!
To enter the giveaway, follow the simple rules below – all you have to do is follow Stuck On Sweet on Pinterest.
A winner will randomly be chosen on Thursday, October 1st and emailed. All winners must be 18 years of age and a resident of U.S.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club. I received products and coupons to write this post, however all opinions are my own! xoxo!
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Red Lentils, washed and drained
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Orca Beans, cooked according to package directions
- 1 14 ounce diced tomatoes
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced garlic (about 3 cloves of garlic)
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 8 cups vegetables stock (2, 32 ounce containers)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil
- Cheddar Cheese
- Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt
- Start cooking orca beans according to package directions.
- In a large pot, drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil and add onions, celery, zucchini and garlic. Saute for a 4 minutes over medium heat. Next add all of the ingredients except for the orca beans. Bring the chili to a boil then immediately reduce to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes. Once orca beans are done, add them to the chili.
- This is optional but will thicken up the chili - place 3 ladles of chili into a blender and blend until smooth then add back into the pot and stir.
- Taste for seasoning - add more to your preference. Garnish with Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt, cheddar cheese and cilantro.