It’s cold outside…
When it’s cold, I want soup. Soup might be the best cold remedy out there…for both kinds of colds…the runny nose and coughing cold and the bbrrrr it’s cold out. There’s nothing quite like wrapping up in a blanket and enjoying a bowl of hot soup.
I’m cold all of sudden…
As we talk about often, soup might be the best lunch ever. It’s light, flavorful, yet filling from all the protein that’s packed into it. It’s also incredibly healthy most of the time. This Healthy Kale, Bean, Pea and Kale Soup is incredibly healthy. Eat this for a week and you will be a whole new person.
Like most soups, this soup recipe is pretty simple to make. It starts out with the following ingredients: diced ham, garlic, white onion, salt, Swanson Chicken Broth, kale, black pepper, cannellini beans, and frozen peas.
Yes, I am making ham and pea soup with kale and beans!
Add some olive oil to a large pot. I love Le Creuset cookware – pricey but so worth it.
Add zee onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent. This will take about 7 minutes or so.
Add Swanson Chicken Broth. Feel free to use low sodium if you would like.
Add a bunch of healthy kale and let that simmer for a few minutes.
In the meantime, wash those cannellini beans. They come in a thick syrupy something or other…just wash them.
Mash half of them in a bowl with a fork. This helps bring the soup together.
Add the rest of the ingredient to the pot; ham, bean paste, beans, peas, and black pepper.
Let it simma for about 10 minutes and then it’s done! See? Super easy.
Serve it up with some crusty bread and of course parmesan cheese!
This post was sponsored by Swanson. All opinions are 100% my own.
For more delicious recipes, follow me on Pinterest!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2,14 ounce cans cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups kale, chopped (make sure to remove stems)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1, 32 ounce container Swanson Chicken Broth
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, add olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add diced onions and sauté for a few minutes. Next add garlic and continue to sauté until onions are translucent, an additional 4 minutes or so.
- Next, pour in the chicken stock and add kale. Simmer until kale is wilted, about 7 minutes.
- Add one can of the cannellini beans and add them to a bowl and mash with a fork until they turn into a paste.
- Add the bean paste, beans, ham, peas, and black pepper to the pot and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with bread