Going with a healthy recipe today.
A very tasty healthy salad in fact. This salad has tons of flavor and nutrients – a win win!
It’s perfect for a lighter dinner, especially in the summer months…not too heavy and refreshing. It has tons of fiber and protein to keep you full as well. It’s healthy until you make almond ice cream with heavy whipping cream and whole milk the same night and then consume a very large bowl the same night. 😉
On a completely separate note – we are getting married in less than 60 days. 60 DAYS! This is probably the reason why I have not been around much lately – I sincerely apologize. With wedding showers, bachelor and bachelorette parties (woo hoo!), full-time job and being out of town almost every weekend, I am finding it difficult to find time to do what I love – COOK and BAKE! I will continue posting as much as I can, but I really do appreciate your patience during this busy time!
But anyway…please enjoy this salad recipe. You will not be disappointed!
I suggest eating ice cream after though…why the heck not?
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1-2 bags spinach
- 10 brussel sprouts, finely chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- goat cheese
- walnuts, chopped
- creamy balsamic vinegar dressing
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Saute over medium high heat until cooked through. About 3-4 minutes per side. Once cooked, set aside.
- Chop asparagus into one inch pieces and chop up brussel sprouts. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan and saute asparagus and brussel sprouts until tender, about 5 minutes. Once done, put into a separate bowl and place in refrigerator to cool.
- In a large bowl, add spinach, red pepper, walnuts, cooled asparagus and brussel sprouts, diced chicken breasts, and goat cheese. Pour your favorite creamy balsamic dressing and toss salad. Add more goat cheese if desired.
Source: Stuck on Sweet