It’s that time of the year when things need to be cold.
So when it gets too hot around here, we make cold things!! Like this homemade Healthy Strawberry Banana “Ice Cream.”
“Ice Cream?” Yes, but without the cream!
Today I’m bringing you this delicious recipe from Produce For Kids! You know how much I love working with them. They create recipes that are family and kid friendly which is so important to me. I love to indulge, but I am no fool – healthy eating is important and it is definitely something I practice every day in my house.
PFK doesn’t only create healthy family friendly recipes -they also raise philanthropic funds to help spread the word. When you support PFK, you’re supporting things like Jump with Jill, a rock & roll nutrition show, to local schools.
Produce for Kids is teaming up with Meijer to bring Jump with Jill to local schools again! HOW CAN YOU HELP? From June 4 to July 1, shoppers can look for Produce for Kids recipes in the produce department of all Meijer stores. Supporting the brands featured in the recipes helps raise funds to support Jump with Jill.
The brands that are supporting the campaign are:
Here is a picture of the Jump With Jill program in actions. How cute, right?
To date, the partnership has funded a rock & roll nutrition show at 100 schools within the Meijer footprint since 2014! If you’re interested in their tour dates, click here!
- Shipt shoppers can get in on the action too. Look for the Produce for Kids tab to help support the campaign and raise funds for Jump with Jill. Not a Shipt member? Head over to the Sweepstakes tab to enter to win a year-long membership or sign up for a free 2 week trial and get $25 off your first order when you purchase an annual membership!
- Shoppers will be encouraged to follow along with the #produceforkids hashtag during the campaign for recipes tips and more info.
- Visit produceforkids.com for more than 300 registered dietitian-approved and family-tested recipes, meal planning tools, grocery store specific campaign details, and healthy tips from real parents.
- Follow Produce for Kids on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (ProduceforKids) for more recipe ideas and healthy eating tips all year long.
I am loving everything about this recipe. It’s incredibly easy to make, tastes great, and of course, is kid friendly! Ice Cream doesn’t always need to be made with cream and sugar. Pureeing fruit with low-fat milk can also make a cold treat on a hot summer day!
Raya ate this up for dessert after dinner. She asked for another bowl! This recipe is definitely a keeper. I added a little vanilla just because but it’s not absolutely necessary in this recipe.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and will consider shopping at your local Meijer before July 1st!
- 2 bananas, peeled then frozen
- 1 pound Well-Pict Berries® Strawberries, frozen
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Remove fruit from freezer and let thaw for 10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. It could take awhile to completely blend everything so be patient!