I am so into these fries.
They have become my best friend (s)? Well I love them all, each and every last one of them…so does my stomach…so do my taste buds. We’re really close, ya get it?
Sweet potato fries with honey mustard dipping sauce are ridiculous. I make them weekly now with dinner, usually with fish or chicken to give us something delicious to munch on while “enjoying” our “healthier” proteins. I jazz up dinner every once in a while, but typically we have a protein seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and either cooked in olive oil or baked. I try to keep it somewhat simple and healthy during the week so we can splurge on creamy pastas and ice cream on the weekends. Is it Friday yet?
These sweet potato fries are baked which makes them healthy and incredibly easy to make. A little olive oil, a preheated hot oven, and 40 minutes later you have sweet potato fries. I seasoned them lightly with salt, pepper, and oregano but the seasoning are endless. I really wanted to cover them in parmesan cheese…and I will. Just give me a little time.
Instead of the parm route, I made a honey mustard dipping sauce to make up for that craving. The dipping sauce is not necessarily healthy but come on, everything else is. You can use light mayonnaise to cut the calories and fat if you so wish. This sauce is also good on chicken too, just saying…
Hello my friends…;)
Sweet Potato Fries with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Stuckonsweet.com: Jessica from www.stuckonsweet.com
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dried oregano
Honey Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Evenly spread sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 43 minutes or until crisp, tossing twice during the baking time.
- Immediately season lightly with salt, pepper, and oregano after you take them out of the oven.
- To make honey mustard, whisk all ingredients in a bow until smooth. Serve with fries.