I am so excited about today because I am guest posting about Oreo Cake Pops on A Cedar Spoon! I am sure you have heard me talk about my friend Julia/A Cedar Spoon through social media – she shares healthy, well-balanced dishes with a mix of Mediterranean flavor. Let me tell you…that girl knows how to use spices and herbs like no ones business. I wish we lived closer so I could eat up all of her yummy salads, soups, and hummus’! Go check A Cedar Spoon out and make sure to follow because she is welcoming a baby boy any day and I can assure you he’s going to be darn cute!
So that big game is on Sunday and I thought I would share just one more dip before the weekend.
Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip! Yeah yeah yeah – I know this is a popular one but it’s so good that I could not share my recipe with you. It’s a classic and a favorite – you can’t go wrong bringing this to a partaaaay.
I can’t even tell you how excited that melted golden cheese on top makes me. It takes this dip to next level and beyond. I’m mad that I didn’t use the entire bag – what was I thinking?!
Did I mention how easy this is to make? Dump everything into a bowl and bake. I used a pretty pie dish to bake in and I loved it – adds to the presentation don’t ya think?
You can serve this dip with crackers, chips, and vegetables but I used hawaiin bread because it’s soft, buttery, tangy and oh so good. Hawaiin bread doesn’t even need a dip, it’s delicious on its own so just imagine how good a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan cheese, monterey jack cheese, artichokes, and spinach is on it? I don’t think there’s much more to say here folks.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1-2 garlic cloves)
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts (drained and cut into small pieces)
- 1 bag shredded monterey jack cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like it hot)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. If cream cheese is difficult to stir, pop it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- Before you add the spinach, squeeze out any liquid with your hands and a paper towel. Add the rest of ingredients except for monterey jack cheese and mix well. Spread into a baking dish and top with monterey jack cheese. Bake for 15 minutes then broil at 500 degrees until cheese is slightly browned (3-5 minutes).
Source: Stuck on Sweet